Friday, September 14, 2007

Phone Secrets

Before the advent of the cell phones, the ordinary land line is the most commonly used. I remember one very interesting experience that happened that time. I phoned somebody in her office but she was out. The operator requested me to wait while she was checking about my inquiries. She hanged the phone and it took quite a while, so I heard all the dialogs going on in the office.

There seemed to be a problem around. I could hear the voice of an angry man and those of women trying to argue. None of them realized that someone was listening attentively to their troubles. It could have been avoided had the secretary been smart enough to have covered the mouthpiece of the telephone.But the damage was done already, and things like these went on everyday in so many offices and homes.

The next one I phone to was supposedly a reputable school. The person I needed must be a little far away as I heard the secretary shouting the name of the person I requested. It was not enough that she shouted as I could hear her jokingly cursing the other person who was a teacher of children in their formative stage of growth.

During the early days there was a subject called "Good Manners and Right Conduct" and during those days both teachers and students behaved better. Ows! now with the cell phone there are hundreds of other kinds of scandals.

No comments: